[vtk-developers] Make actor invisible, without access to actor

Bryn Lloyd lloyd at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 19 08:53:33 EST 2012

Hi

What I am trying to do is to make an actor of a widget invisible. Sounds
simple...

However, since I don't have access to the actors of the widget (only the
corresponding vtkproperty), I cannot call vtkActor::VisibilityOff(). If
I set the actor to transparent, the application crashes.

Generally, on one machine with an AMD GFX card I am having trouble when
using transparency. The function 'glTexImage2D' in the function
vtkDepthPeelingPass::Render causes my application to crash. See also:

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2011-December/120657.html

Is there some other way that I could make the actor invisible, without
using transparency, via vtkProperty?

Thanks
Bryn