[vtk-developers] Changing/Defining VTK's minimum Mac OS X requirements?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Feb 23 11:07:00 EST 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:08:14 -0700, David Gobbi said:

>The cruft for OS X 10.3 can be removed.

I certainly agree.  Does the ARB?  Does the community?  I'll submit a patch if so.

>How much cruft is there for
>10.4 that isn't also needed for 10.5?

There are a few things.

But it's not only a matter of cruft.  Potentially useful API like Core Animation and NSTrackingArea were introduced in 10.5.  It would be much easier for VTK to adopt them if we didn't need a 10.4 case.  ex: It could be interesting for VTK to render into a CALayer instead of an NSView for example.

Do you need 10.4 support?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com