[vtk-developers] vtkChemistry status and python bindings

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:37:37 EST 2012

I modified vtkMoleculePython.cxx, vtkAtomPython.cxx, and
vtkBondPython.cxx by hand to see if I could make them usable...
the experiment succeeded.  So I know that if I modify the wrapper
code to prefer the copy constructor over the () constructor, then
these classes can be wrapped.

First, though, I had to modify the CMakeLists.txt to remove the
ABSTRACT flag from the vtkAtom and vtkBond classes... Marcus,
was it you who added that flag for these classes?  Maybe as part
of an experiment to fool the wrappers?

When I call print() on a vtkAtom object from python, it goes into
infinite recursion and crashes, but I think that's an unrelated issue.

 - David