[vtk-developers] Leaks in the chemistry classes

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:55:28 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:
> try calling
> parser->SetTarget(NULL);
> before you delete. There might be a dangling reference held onto there…
>
> On Behalf Of Pat Marion
> Sent: 14 February 2012 16:26
> To: David Lonie
> Cc: VTK Developers
> Subject: Re: [vtk-developers] Leaks in the chemistry classes
>
> One possible reference leak, do you need to call this->SetTarget(NULL) in
> the parser's destructor?

Pat, John -- that was it. Thanks!

I'm still looking for the issue in the MoleculeSelection test. I found
one leak -- the pick command observer was not being removed, so a

  picker->RemoveObserver(com.GetPointer());

cleared up quite a few of the leaks, but many still remain (Believe it
or not, this list has been shortened!):

I'll keep digging ;-)

vtkDebugLeaks has detected LEAKS!
Class "vtkOpenGLScalarsToColorsPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkCellData" has 17 instances still around.
Class "vtkCompositePainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkTransformPolyDataFilter" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkPointsPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationVector" has 49 instances still around.
Class "vtkDataSetAttributes" has 3 instances still around.
Class "vtkPointData" has 17 instances still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLDisplayListPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkPolygonsPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkTrivialProducer" has 5 instances still around.
Class "vtkUnsignedShortArray" has 3 instances still around.
Class "vtkGraphInternals" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkMatrix4x4" has 10 instances still around.
Class "vtkSimpleTransform" has 3 instances still around.
Class "vtkSelectionNode" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkPoints" has 5 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformation" has 100 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationStringVectorValue" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkAssemblyPath" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLGlyph3DMapper" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkAssemblyNode" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLCoincidentTopologyResolutionPainter" has 2 instances
still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLLightingPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkPolyData" has 17 instances still around.
Class "vtkLookupTable" has 3 instances still around.
Class "vtkCylinderSource" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkPainterPolyDataMapper" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkHardwareSelectionPolyDataPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLActor" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkMolecule" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkTStripsPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationDoubleValue" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkAlgorithmOutput" has 8 instances still around.
Class "vtkDefaultPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationIntegerValue" has 271 instances still around.
Class "vtkSelection" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkCellArray" has 3 instances still around.
Class "vtkStandardPolyDataPainter" has 8 instances still around.
Class "vtkChooserPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkFloatArray" has 12 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationStringValue" has 14 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationExecutivePortVectorValue" has 8 instances still around.
Class "vtkIdTypeArray" has 6 instances still around.
Class "vtkTransform" has 4 instances still around.
Class "vtkFieldData" has 19 instances still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLProperty" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkInformationDoubleVectorValue" has 7 instances still around.
Class "vtkPeriodicTable" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkSphereSource" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkUnsignedCharArray" has 5 instances still around.
Class "vtkLinesPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline" has 13 instances still around.
Class "vtkOpenGLRepresentationPainter" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkAssemblyPaths" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkTimerLog" has 39 instances still around.
Class "vtkMoleculeMapper" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkCommand or subclass" has 37 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationExecutivePortValue" has 8 instances still around.