[vtk-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: vtksys_ios:: versus std::

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Feb 9 10:59:32 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM, David Thompson <dcthomp at sandia.gov> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2012, at 14:00 , Brad King wrote:
>>
>> On 2/6/2012 4:55 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>>>
>>> We replaced vtkstd:: with std::
>>> As part of the modernization of VTK, should we replace vtksys_ios:: with
>>> std:: ?
>>
>> That sounds like a good idea if it is possible.
>
> I agree; thanks for bringing this up, Bill.

This sounds like the right way to go to me too, does anyone have time
to work on this? We can probably update the scripts I used to get rid
of vtkstd to do the same for vtksysy_ios and put something up for
review if there are no objections. Rob cleaned these up and put them
on github, so they could be extended from there.

Marcus