[vtk-developers] Problem with vtkTextMapper::New()

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Dec 18 09:31:48 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Philippe Pébay
<philippe.pebay at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just noticed that adding vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL to the TEST_DEPENDS
> entries appears to fix this problem.
>
> I view this as a problem because short of stepping through the code, nothing
> indicates that this module must be included when using a library that uses
> vtkTextMapper. Couldn't this be either done automatically, or result in a
> configuration error when not done manually?

It is a known issue, I will see if I can dedicate some time to
improving the situation. It is documented here,

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration#Implementation_Modules

I should be able to at least add runtime warnings, if not automatic
dependencies which is what we would ideally add. I will see what I can
do in time for the holidays...

Marcus