[vtk-developers] VTK dashboard failures on windows because of modified window size

ROUET, Jean Michel jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Tue Dec 11 03:31:43 EST 2012

Dear All,

Maybe this is already know but I did not find information on it in the archive.
Whenever a ctest dashboard is ran on VTK on windows (http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK), the tests comparing images are failing because of image size incompatibilities (difference with the baseline).

When trying to debug this, I observed for a test like BoxClipPolyData that the render window is set to 800x640
  VTK_CREATE(vtkRenderWindow, renwin);
  renwin->SetSize(800, 640);
This is coherent with the corresponding baseline png image.
However, as soon as the scene is rendered
  renwin->Render();
  int retVal = vtkRegressionTestImage(renwin);
the renwin size becomes 792x632. This size is actually modified in int *vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::GetSize(void)
and corresponds to the GetClientRect(this->WindowsId,&rect) of the rendering window.

So my question: Why renwin->SetSize(XXX,YYY) do not take into account the window border size ?
Correcting this would allow for a cleaner windows dashboard.
Is that because I don't use the OffScreenRendering option ?

Regards,
--
Jean-Michel