[vtk-developers] Trouble after verdict updates

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Aug 27 17:00:02 EDT 2012

Hi Bill,

> After recent change to verdict and associated VTK filter changes, I get these errors when building VTK:
>
> [ 83%] Built target verdict
> Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libvtkFiltersVerdict-6.0.so
> CMakeFiles/vtkFiltersVerdict.dir/vtkCellQuality.cxx.o: In function `vtkCellQuality::RequestData(vtkInformation*, vtkInformationVector**, vtkInformationVector*)':
> /home/lorensen/ProjectsGIT/VTKGerrit/Filters/Verdict/vtkCellQuality.cxx:133: undefined reference to `v_set_tri_normal_func'

Does libvtkverdict appear in the command-line when you run

    make VERBOSE=1 vtkFiltersVerdict

? If libvtkverdict is being built, can you run "nm" on it

    nm  lib/libvtkverdict* | c++filt | grep v_set_tri_size

to see whether the symbols are mangled in the library but not its dependents (e.g., vtkFiltersVerdict)?

	Thanks,
	David