[vtk-developers] Wrapping/Tools

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:36:17 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then I'll just push what I have.  I've removed VTK_GENERATE_WRAPTOOLS,
>> but right now there isn't any way to turn on hierarchy wrapping
>> without turning on one of the wrapper languages.  I suspect the
>> client/server wrapping does not use the hierarchy files yet, so I
>> don't think it matters at this point.
>
> Correct, my first attempt at bringing in and using the hierarchy
> failed miserably, so PVCS only depends on the wraptools library.
>
> I would like to try again though and use the hierarchy in PVCS as part
> of the effort to get rid of the remaining need for btx/etx flags
> littering VTK. Is it possible to move that into the wraptools module
> as well?

Not sure what you mean.  Bring PVCS into wraptools?  The
vtkWrapHierarchy tool is already in WrapperTools but
CMake/vtkWrapping.cmake only applies it to the files if one
of the wrapping languages is turned on.  I'd like to change
vtkWrapping.cmake to build the hierarchy files whenever the
WrapperTools module is on, but I'm not sure how.

 - David