[vtk-developers] ThirdParty/verdict installs in odd places

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Aug 16 11:59:29 EDT 2012

Hi David,

> When I run "make install" on VTK master, the verdict module
> installs its files in the wrong places, e.g. not inside of a
> vtk-6.0 subdirectory:
>
> /usr/local/doc/verdict
> /usr/local/doc/verdict/1.2.0/verdict_test.cpp
> /usr/local/include/verdict.h
> /usr/local/lib/libvtkverdict-6.0.so.1.2.0
>
> Is there anyone familiar with this module?

Yes. It appears to be using some old pre-modularization CMake variables to determine the install path (e.g., VTK_INSTALL_LIB_DIR_CM24). Its behavior should be no worse than VTK's hdf5 build… is it? The only difference between verdict's and hdf5's use of these install locataions is that verdict only looks for VTK_INSTALL_LIB_DIR_CM24 if the install prefix hasn't been explicitly set in the CMake cache. That was done so that (back in the days of SVN) verdict could be built standalone for use outside VTK.

	David