[vtk-developers] What is cell list size in vtk file?

r_karim rashed.karim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:05:22 EDT 2012

I have examined the contents of a VTK polydata file and I dont understand
this entry:

POLYGONS n size

What is size? In documentation it says it is "the cell list size and thus
total number of integer values required to represent the list (i.e. sum of
numpoints and connectivity indices over each cell)".

How can I derive this number from number of points and cells. What is the
mathematical relationship?

Best
RK