[vtk-developers] Why do we need the VTK_WRAP_HIERARCHY_EXE variable.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 21:59:52 EDT 2012

Probably just an oversight.  In vtkWrapPython.cmake, the following code is used:

  if(NOT VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_EXE)
    if(TARGET vtkWrapPython)
      set(VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_EXE vtkWrapPython)
    else()
      message(SEND_ERROR
        "VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_EXE not specified when calling VTK_WRAP_PYTHON3")
    endif()
  endif()

The same could be done for VTK_WRAP_HIERARCHY_EXE in
vtkWrapHierarchy.cmake and for VTK_WRAP_PYTHON_INIT_EXE in
vtkPythonWrapping.cmake.

 - David