[vtk-developers] Patch for vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor TerminateApp behavior

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Aug 3 17:38:12 EDT 2012

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:36:00 -0400, Pat Marion said:

>Attached is a test program that makes repeated calls to interactor Start()
>and TerminateApp().

Is that a valid use case?

From its name, I thought TerminateApp() was supposed to terminate the process?  If so, it doesn't make sense to do anything after. :)

The doxygen does not help me, saying only "This function is called on 'q','e' keypress if exitmethod is not specified and should be overridden by platform dependent subclasses to provide a termination procedure if one is required."

Are you saying that TerminateApp() is it meant to be the complement of Start()?  (That seems to be the case with vtkCarbonRenderWindowInteractor)

If so, I think your patch is a start, but more changes are needed....

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com