[vtk-developers] changes in temporal support in VTK

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 27 14:40:05 EDT 2012

The change sounds OK to me.  Although this class seemed like a natural thing to do when implementing temporal support, it has caused problems in unexpected ways.

I recommend flipping the order in which you implement this change.  First change all filters to not use vtkTemporalDataSet and replace that with CONTINUE_EXECUTION.  Make sure that the implementation is plausible, straightforward enough for users to implement, solve the problems we see with the current implementation, and don't introduce new weird problems.  After that remove vtkTemporalDataSet and the auto pipeline iteration, which at this point should be trivial.

-Ken