[vtk-developers] Turn off the visibility of a vtkImageSlice in a vtkImageStack

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 08:45:30 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to temporarily turn off a slice in a stack? The
> slice->VisibilityOff() function for a slice in a stack does not seem
> to work. See a full example here:
>
> http://codepad.org/1a6rlQdJ
>
> Even with the imageSlice2->VisibilityOff() call, both slices are still visible.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> David

Is this intended behavior? Or should I look into a patch? Perhaps in
these functions:

RenderOpaqueGeometry and RenderTranslucentPolygonalGeometry

in this loop:

while ( (image = this->Images->GetNextImage(pit)) != 0)

there could just be a conditional that checks the slice's visibility
property before proceeding?