[vtk-developers] WRAP_EXCLUDE etc. in VTK 6

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:00:09 EDT 2012

I noticed that the Java wrappers weren't building recently... and the
reason why, was that one of the Charts classes wasn't marked
WRAP_EXCLUDE.  I pushed a gerrit patch fo fix the issue.

What was surprising to me, though, was that the TCL wrappers weren't
affected at all.  The TCL wrappers seem to be sufficiently robust that
they no longer require any hints from the CMake scripts about which
classes are wrappable and which ones aren't... vtkWrapTcl is smart
enough to decide that for itself.

This makes me wonder if vtkWrapJava can be made to be as robust as
vtkWrapTcl and vtkWrapPython.  This would allow us to eliminate
WRAP_EXCLUDE from the CMake files entirely.

 - David