[vtk-developers] VTK_MAJOR_VERSION is no longer #define'ed

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:41:46 EDT 2012

> Reading code with conditionals like the above is not a great way
> to learn VTK 5 or VTK 6.

I definitely agree with this - the conditionals are surely just adding
clutter for new users to sort through. However, I've never had a
better solution support both versions (we wouldn't want to duplicate
the entire wiki into Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx5 and Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx6
or anything like that) so I didn't see a way around it. My vote would
be to only demonstrate the latest version (now v6) in the examples.

David