[vtk-developers] Tcl rendering tests and hangs

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Apr 18 09:22:38 EDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Andrew Maclean
<andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Ok. As a matter of interest should  VTKRENDERINGOPENGL_EXPORT be preferred
> over VTK_EXPORT?
>
> Marcus, With respect to OutlineCornerFilter, this will fix the problem:
> #include "vtkFiltersSourcesModule.h" // For export macro
> //#include "vtkFiltersGeneralModule.h" // For export macro
> It is just that the wrong header was included.
>
> Guess what! After those changes the build works for Windows, except for
> vtkFiltersHyperTreeCxxTests.
> Tcl is working, however, the issue of being unable to close the TCL render
> window still exists.
> Python works Ok too.

I patched the Windows issues up. The module specific export macros,
such as VTKRENDERINGOPENGL_EXPORT, should be preferred for normal API.
This is different, as it is an implementation where only export is
necessary (no import as is the case for API). It would not hurt to use
the module specific export macro, but it is perhaps clearer to use
VTK_EXPORT in special cases like this.

I missed the filter move that didn't make the necessary export macro
change, that is fixed now. We will look over the dashboards as some
fairly large changes went in.

Marcus