[vtk-developers] Tcl rendering tests and hangs

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Apr 17 20:25:29 EDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Andrew Maclean
<andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Goodwin, Marcus
>
> I just built for Windows and Linux and there are some issues:
> Windows:
>   1) vtkFIltersSourcesPython-6.0.dll is not built. This is due to unresolved
> externals in the linking. Similarly for  vtkFIltersSourcesTCL-6.0.dll
>   2) VTK_RENDERING_EXPORT is undefined so vtkWin32RenderWindowIntteractor is
> not built (line 42) and there is a different linkage for vtkHandleMessage in
> this file (line85).

I just realized I missed this in the CDash at Home submissions. I have a
patch proposal here that should fix that,

http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/433/

>   3) vtkOutlineCornerFilter is not built due to unresolved external symbols.

That is a new move today, I will take another look.

> Linux:
>   Everything built Ok however I still get a blank white screen when running
> the Tcl examples. I could be missing something in my setup because I had to
> revert to Ubuntu 10.04 as the latest Nvidia upgrades (295)  destroyed
> my system. I have a GTS8800 card which is incompatible with the NVidia
> updates.
>   On second thoughts the Python scripts run Ok so all the OpenGL stuff is
> there.

Can you list the Tcl tests failing? Quite a few Tcl tests were added,
I can take a closer look at tonight's dashboards.

Marcus