[vtk-developers] OS X vtkDetermineCompilerFlags.cmake broken for gcc 4.5 up -mlong-branch only relevant to PPC

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Apr 13 15:32:04 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Kent Williams
<nkwmailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see there are some Arch Linux builds with GCC 4.7 -- right now they
> look like they have some compilation problems that are disjoint from
> the ones I'm encountering.

I am submitting the Arch GCC 4.7 builds - it works well and the
failures you see are just the Python/Tcl executables. We will be
getting these fixed up, but VTK should compile with GCC 4.7. We did
not spend a lot of time digging through
vtkDetermineCompilerFlags.cmake, it may well need further attention
(sounds like it does).

Marcus