[vtk-developers] No self reviews on Gerrit please

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Apr 13 13:13:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

We are going to take a pass at updating the wiki documentation, but
wanted to make this clear to the developer community. We do not allow
self reviews, even for trivial commits. At some point in the future we
will be taking measures to remove the ability to perform self reviews
in Gerrit, but until then we ask that all developers with elevated
permissions from reviewing their own commits.

If you have trouble finding someone to review your changes please post
to the list. Larger changes should certainly be posted to the
development list for wider exposure. You can still (and should when
appropriate) reply to comments on a proposed change, but please do not
post scores.

If you wish to control the timing of a merge, you can self review -2
to block merges and remove yourself as a reviewer before submitting.
This should be done at the topic review level (the only one that
controls the submit button in VTK).

Thanks,

Marcus