[vtk-developers] Move vtkExtract*Piece from Parallel/Filters ?

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Fri Apr 13 11:51:58 EDT 2012

 I am using vtkExtractPolyDataPiece in the mobile kiwi library.  This
filter is in Filters/Parallel, a module that depends on Parallel/Core and
Parallel/MPI.  The filter does not require MPI, nor does it require
anything from Parallel/Core.  It would be convenient (for me :-) if this
filter (and similar filter vtkExtractUnstrcturedGridPiece) were moved to a
module that doesn't depend on MPI (to Filters/Extraction maybe?)   Or... I
could develop my own routine to use instead of vtkExtractPolyDataPiece,
since it does not do precisely what I'm after.

Pat