[vtk-developers] First pass of VTK 6 migration guide posted

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Apr 12 17:16:15 EDT 2012

You are correct about the issue. The document and VTK are out of sync
temporarily. I have a fix that makes VTK do what the document says but I
was waiting for modularization to settle down before pushing it to Gerrit.
I'll accelerate that and push them to Gerrit tomorrow. I'll add you as a
reviewer :-)

The answer to the second question: Yes. It is by design (not mine). When a
new data object is setup as the output, all pipeline specific keys are
removed from the output port. So you need to call UpdateInformation (I know
it is really UpdateDataObject but I am going to tell anyone to use that
method directly) once before you can set requests.

-berk