[vtk-developers] Rare build freezes due to wrapper tool bug

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:42:10 EDT 2012

After updating to modular, I noticed that sometimes my build would
freeze. It turns out that I had a file-buffering bug in the wrappers,
where anytime a backslash was the final char in my buffer, a lookahead
to the next character would result in an invalid read.  Thank heavens
for valgrind.

The file that highlighted the bug was vtkStatisticsAlgorithm.h, it just
happens to have a backslash at the magic position.  I've submitted
a patch for the wrappers.

Did anyone else notice similar freezes?

 - David