[vtk-developers] Volume rendering very large StructuredGrids

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:13:09 EDT 2012

Yes, both the mapper and the space-leaper filter had 32-bit overflow bugs.
These bugs were reported a couple months ago, and the fix was merged
a few days ago, just before the VTK tree was modularized.

To update your tree to the merge commit, which will bring in all the
VTK 6 pipeline changes but none of the modularization changes, do
the following:

git fetch origin master
git merge fc4c570a

To avoid all the VTK 6 pipeline changes, you can try cherry-picking
the fix (it's commit a3feef0d) but no guarantees.

If you get a chance to test the fix, please report your findings.  The
more testing that this code gets, the better.

 - David