[vtk-developers] Jumping measure points while scaling in vtkImageviewer2

Tue Apr 10 19:54:58 EDT 2012

Hey,

the measure points from a vtkDistanceWidget and the vtkAngleWidgets
are jumping around when I'm doing the following: (I'm describing
all for vtkDistanceWidget but this happened for the vtkAngleWidget -
maybe other too. I only tried this on both widgets):

- creating a vtkDistanceWidget with default representation and
  widget->On();
- place the points (two for the distance widget)
- zooming in and out
until this point everything okay

but

- moving one or all points around
- zooming in and out

the points are 'jumping' around while the line from the distancewidget
is getting smaller or large (depending on zooming). The points/crosses
are drawn nearly to the old position.
Only the moved point is jumping.

I'm using the last vtk 5.10 rc1  (rc-1), vtkImageViewer2 and
QVTKWidget, Qt 4.8 official build for vc++ 2010, windows 7 64bit.
My video card is a ATI Radeon FireGL 5600.

I've tested this on Win XP with a nVidia card and another Win 7
32bit with an other ATI card. This error occures on all systems -
so it is reproducable. With vtk 5.8 everything works fine.

If someone wants screenshots to see it and make it more clear you can
get some. :-)

Hope this will not be a mistake on my site and help to improve the
next release of vtk. ;-)

Frank