[vtk-developers] [VTK 0013070]: vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper and vtkSobelGradientMagnitudePass

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Apr 10 08:30:05 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=13070
Reported By:                T.R.Shashwath
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   13070
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-04-10 08:30 EDT
We have a renderer with a volume added to it. On this renderer, we're trying to
add and remove a Sobel pass (in the real world application, the user toggles a
button, and depending on that, we either add or remove a Sobel pass to the
renderer).

When we use a vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper, when applying the Sobel pass and
then removing it, a black rectangle is left behind, corresponding to the
screen-aligned bounds of the volume. This rectangle never goes away again on
applying or removing any other render passes. Other volume mappers don't seem to
have this problem. A screenshot, test application and test data are attached
(but this happens with any data).

Use 'a' and 'd' in the test application to add or remove the Sobel pass.

There's an unrelated vtk warning display in the application, but I don't think
this causes the problem; this happens with all volume mappers.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change