[vtk-developers] ANN: VTK modularization - merging this Monday

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Apr 9 14:21:55 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On my Mac, I turned on all modules, but I do not have boost installed
> and get a cmake error that it cannot find boost.
>
> What do I need to turn off to stop cake from looking for boost. In the
> past, I just set VTK_USE_BOOST OFF.

Hi Bill,

There is a group called VTK_Group_StandAlone, I may mark the build all
modules variable as advanced but useful to keep around for dashboard.
The StandAlone group is intended to encompass all modules that can be
built without external dependencies (it includes those where we have
ThirdParty libraries, but by default we build the lib).

I will double check on my Mac to make sure that group isn't pulling in
Boost. Groups are intended to be the primary interface for developers
who don't want to worry about which modules they want to build. We
will be putting together a fuller guide in the coming days.

Thanks,

Marcus