[vtk-developers] [VTK 0012597]: Removed system include directories

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Sep 15 03:36:03 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12597
Reported By:                Pietro Cerutti
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   12597
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-09-15 09:36 CEST
Last Modified:              2011-09-15 09:36 CEST
Referring to this:

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commit;h=514405b8d9854a28e0f4962ea6cf53af00f71b66

I'm not sure that this change is a good idea. I don't see why I should look
myself for X11 include dirs when using VTK_USE_FILE and including, say,
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.h. In my opinion, VTK_USE_FILE should be enough to bring
in all include paths needed to compile all VTK headers.

This is probably a non-issue on Linux, where almost all include files are in
/usr/include which is automatically brought in by the compiler, but in FreeBSD -
where we usually put 3rd party packages' include files in /usr/local/include -
this breaks even the simplest VTK project.

I suggest backing off this change. Feedback is welcome.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change