[vtk-developers] Drawing on a vtkRenderWindow in C#/ActiViz

cakbulut cakbulut at web.de
Wed Sep 14 07:28:27 EDT 2011

Hello together,

I have already asked a similar question in context of Java.
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Drwaing-on-a-vtkActor-in-Java-td4631768.html

Now I have changed the language in the hope that the problem do not occur in
C#.

But it has.

I am loading a DICOM image into a vtkRenderWindow. After that I'm taking the
Graphics of the vtkRenderWindow and try to draw a Point or rectangle onto
the DICOM image. But always all the drawn Graphics are behind the
vtkRenderWindow.

So I thought maybe it would work if I inherit the vtkRenderWindow and
override the OnPaint() method. But the result is the same like above.

The third stuff which I have also tried is that I have put the
vtkRenderWindow into a Panel (mainPanel). After that I have added additional
Panels into the mainPanel. But the added Panel is behind the
vtkRenderWindow.

As far as I have seen the vtkRenderWindow is a UserControl.
Normally it is possible to draw on a UserControl.

What is so special in vtkRenderWindow???
Is there a solution for this problem???

Best regards
cakbulut