[vtk-developers] [VTK 0012675]: Build VTK on WIN7 using ALL static libs as a default when CMake's BUILD_SHARED_LIBS is unchecked

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Oct 24 12:32:19 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12675
Reported By:                eric kischell
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   12675
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2011-10-24 12:32 EDT
I would agree. Creating a static library but requiring a shared runtime always
seemed to boggle my mind. I think this is something CMake does on it's own but
possibly we can override it in a future release. Please file a bug at
vtk.org/Bug so we don't forget about this.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Kischell, Eric R. <Kischell.Eric at mayo.edu>