[vtk-developers] git trailing whitespace check and 3rd party code

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Oct 19 12:14:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:09:16 -0400, Brad King said:

>Try adding this to .gitattributes:
>
>   /Utilities/*      -whitespace
>
>That should disable all whitespace checks for the Utilities directory.

That doesn't seem to be quite the right syntax, as it actually makes no difference.  I tried some variations like:

/Utilities/vtkfreetype/* -whitespace

which makes it stop complaining for files within /Utilities/vtkfreetype itself, but no for subfolders.

It seems "*" is not recursive.... My googling thus far has not revealed how to make it recursive as you surely intended in your suggestion above.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com