[vtk-developers] Bug in vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor.cxx

Leo van Ruijven LvRuijven at gmx.com
Wed Oct 5 08:25:44 EDT 2011

Yesterday I downloaded the Git source-code and tried to compile it on my windows AMD64 machine (VS8.0). But the compilation failed, because 'TRACKMOUSEEVENT' in vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor.cxx was not recognized. This symbol is defined in winuser.h, which was surprisingly not included.

The bug was easily fixed by changing the location of one line in vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor.cxx. I just put the line:
#include "vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.h"

after the lines
#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400  // for trackmouseevent support  requires Win95 with IE 3.0 or greater.
#endif

After this fix the source compiled without errors. I am not sure why this was changed but assume that it served a purpose. Can someone else look at this bug?

regards,
Leo.