[vtk-developers] vtkCleanPolyData and vtkQuantizePolyDataPoints don't work on points only?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Nov 28 11:25:35 EST 2011

David-

I believe the original intention was to remove degenerate cells (i.e.,
clean them as in vtkCleanPolyData and its subclass), and remove points
unused by any cell. Hence you need to mark "used" points by associating
them with a vertex (or other cell).

A new class or mode to do what you want could be added pretty quickly I'm
sure.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason that these filters don't work on data sets which
> only contain points? I have to use a vtkVertexGlyphFilter before using
> either of those filters or the output of the clean/quantization filter
> has 0 points.
>
> David

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.