[vtk-developers] Dashboard valgrind errors

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:22:00 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I just want to remind the other developers that they should check the
"Dynamic Analysis" section of the dashboard after merging changes.
A lot of problems have been showing up there, and I don't see anyone
trying to fix them.

Some examples:

There are tons of UMC's in the Set/Get methods in Charts classes.
These are because classes like vtkAxisExtended do not initialize
their class variables in their constructor.  I also notice that the
vtkAxisExtended.h/cxx files are still labeled as
"vtkCellLocator.h/cxx" at the top of the file.

Some widget tests are showing UMC's because
vtkCoordinate::GetComputedDoubleDisplayValue()
will sometimes return uninitialized values.

The ReebGraph classes have tons of memory-related errors.  So many
that I have to wonder if these classes were even reviewed before they
went into VTK.

The Polyhedron/MVC classes have also been showing memory errors
since they were merged.  Have there been any attempts to fix them?

The ZsweepConcavities test has been failing on valgrind for years now.
I've taken a look at this one myself, but unfortunately the code where
the errors occur is very complex.

 - David