[vtk-developers] Wrapping templated types

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:54:21 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The templated types that it wraps are vtkVector, vtkRect, and
>> vtkColor.  It allows these (and their subclasses) to be used as
>> interface types in the Charts classes.
>>
>> As an aside, I noticed some issues with these classes:
>> - they are used from Rendering, but their headers are in Charts
>
> Yes, they should quite probably be in Common, does that seem reasonable?

Yup, that's what I was thinking, too.  The only downside to that is
that the move might encourage more people to use these as interface
types in their classes... which would mean that more and more classes
become unusable from wrapper languages (python being only one of the
four wrapper languages that VTK officially supports).

 - David