[vtk-developers] Started on VTK 4 compatibility removal

Timothy Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Wed May 4 16:37:24 EDT 2011

On 5/4/11 2:23 PM, Berk Geveci wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> For those that are interested, I started working on removing the VTK 4
> backwards compatibility layer as described here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Remove_VTK_4_Compatibility

Just one question - the article mentions "Since data objects can no
longer know about their producers ..." - what is the impact on the
use-case where a data structure is created and populated in-place, then
used as the input to a pipeline?

   filter->SetInputConnection(0, data_structure->GetProducerPort());

... I'd really hate to let this go.

Cheers,
Tim

--