[vtk-developers] [VTK 0012005]: The INSTALL target does not copy the pdb files into any of the target directories (bin or lib). Affects debug installation

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Mar 23 08:15:57 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Bryn Lloyd
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   12005
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   trivial
Date Submitted:             2011-03-23 08:15 EDT
I have compiled VTK in Debug mode in visual studio. I would like to provide only
the libraries and headers to other users. Normally I would use the INSTALL
target, however, it does not copy the *.pdb files into either the bin or lib
folders. The pdb files are needed by the visual studio debugger.

Is this a bug?

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure VTK to use VS in CMake
2. Compile VTK in DEBUG mode using Visual Studio.
3. Build INSTALL target

In default install directory C:\Programs\VTK there will be folders named "bin"
and "lib". These do not contain the pdb files.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change