[vtk-developers] using own VTK Class

Martin Waitzbauer mazzok at gmx.at
Mon Mar 21 11:07:29 EDT 2011

Hi there, i have problems using a subclass of vtkRenderView in my project
i get the compiler error:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class MyClass * __cdecl MyClass::New(void)" (?New at MyClass@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual class vtkObjectBase * __thiscall MyClass::NewInstanceInternal(void)const " (?NewInstanceInternal at MyClass@@MBEPAVvtkObjectBase@@XZ)

seems like the MyClass instance cannot be instantiated

i included the vtkCommon lib in my CmakeList file TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(... vtkCommon)

does someone have any idea what could help?

Thanks!!
Best regards