[vtk-developers] New vector modes for vtkScalarsToColors

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:10:52 EST 2011

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind... I've had to work with
multi-channel images in the past.

These methods could be added to vtkScalarsToColors:
  SetVectorModeToIndependent()
  SetLookupTableForChannel(vtkScalarsToColors *colors, int channel)

When in this Independent mode, each component could be mapped through
one of the "child" lookup tables.  The colors from each channel would
then be summed and clamped.

If you are willing to add a feature like this, I'll gladly help to get
it integrated.

 - David