[vtk-developers] Full screen on OS X Cocoa

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:48:58 EDT 2011

Hi Sean,

I had been looking at this, with the the goal of only supporting 10.5 and
10.6 (each with its own code, ick!) and I'd cross my fingers and hope that
the 10.6 code works with Lion.

However I might not go ahead with the fix, since it would only be useful for
demos that are written in pure VTK.  For real applications, I'll just take
care of the full screen handling at the application level.

 - David

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:55:42 -0600, David Gobbi said:
>
>>I notice that FullScreen is not implemented in vtkCocoaRenderWindow,
>>it just prints a warning and does nothing else.  Is there anyone who has
>>fixed this in their own code, and is willing to contribute the fix?
>
> Not me.  But before you go implementing this :), it might be good to
discuss what the minimum Mac OS we want to support is.  Apple has added and
deprecated full screen APIs over the years.  And without breaking my NDA,
I'll just allude to something with this URL: