[vtk-developers] OpenFOAM reader incompatibility with temporal intermpolator

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 23 05:42:14 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just came across Dave DeMarle's ParaView course slides presented
at the 6th OpenFOAM Workshop.
http://www.openfoamworkshop.org/6th_OpenFOAM_Workshop_2011/Program/Training/deMarle_slides.pdf

In the 11th slide (Temporal Processing) I see that the "Interpolation
between time steps" is grayed out, which I suspect was done so because
the temporal interpolator did not interpolate the OpenFOAM dataset
(which made path lines unpractical as well).  This is a known
problem that has fixes involving both the OpenFOAM reader and the
temporal interpolator. The fix to the former (which I backported from
my own development version) is attached in this mail and the latter
has already been filed as a bug with a patch:
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12151

Thanks,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN