[vtk-developers] Error building Python wrappings of member functions that return vtkVector2i/f with VS2010

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 2 08:59:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

Trying to build VTK 5.8 branch head on a Windows7/VS2010 system with
Python wrapping ON, I am getting errors compiling Python-wrapper
generated code of class member functions that return vtkVector2i or
vtkVector2f objects.

For example, in the Python-wrapper generated code of
vtkFreeTypeStringToImage, vtkFreeTypeStringToImagePython.cxx, a piece
of wrapping code for vtkFreeTypeStringToImage::GetBounds()

static PyObject *
PyvtkFreeTypeStringToImage_GetBounds_s1(PyObject *self, PyObject *args)
{
  vtkPythonArgs ap(self, args, "GetBounds");
  vtkObjectBase *vp = ap.GetSelfPointer(self, args);
  vtkFreeTypeStringToImage *op = static_cast<vtkFreeTypeStringToImage *>(vp);

  vtkTextProperty *temp0 = NULL;
  vtkUnicodeString temp1;
  vtkVector2i tempr;

invokes 'undefined type vtkVector2i' at the declaration of variable tempr.

However, if I build the 5.8 branch head on OS X, the wrapping of
GetBounds() is omitted from the generated *Python.cxx and the whole
VTK builds fine.

Any thoughts?

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN