[vtk-developers] Cell Tree Locator Update

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 20:36:12 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

>> /home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkAbstractCellLocator.h:107: warning:
>> `virtual int vtkAbstractCellLocator::IntersectWithLine(double*, do
>> uble*, double, double&, double*, double*, int&, vtkIdType&)' was hidden
>
> I think these "function was hidden" are fixed by saying "using
> functionName;" in the subclass, as I've done here:
> http://review.source.kitware.com/#patch,sidebyside,1862,1,Filtering/vtkKdTreePointLocator.h
>
> If there is a better way to fix them, I'd like to know about it.

That trick will not work on Visual Studio 7.1, which is still a
supported compiler for VTK.  It also breaks the wrappers.

If a VTK class overrides one version of IntersectWithLine, then it
should override all of them.  If need be, you can just define all the
unneeded ones as inline methods that calls the superclass methods.

 - David