[vtk-developers] Cell Tree Locator Update

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Jul 28 19:37:38 EDT 2011

Hi Tharindu,

I'm getting the compiler warnings listed below.  The test is also failing on
my machine.  I'm getting a floating point exception on line 368 with rvol as
as -inf.

Andy

In file included from
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx:2:
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkAbstractCellLocator.h:100: warning:
`virtual int vtkAbstractCellLocator::IntersectWithLine(double*, do
uble*, double, double&, double*, double*, int&)' was hidden
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.h:71: warning:   by
`virtual int vtkCellTreeLocator::IntersectWithLine(double*, double
*, double, double&, double*, double*, int&, vtkIdType&, vtkGenericCell*)'
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkAbstractCellLocator.h:107: warning:
`virtual int vtkAbstractCellLocator::IntersectWithLine(double*, do
uble*, double, double&, double*, double*, int&, vtkIdType&)' was hidden
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.h:71: warning:   by
`virtual int vtkCellTreeLocator::IntersectWithLine(double*, double
*, double, double&, double*, double*, int&, vtkIdType&, vtkGenericCell*)'
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkAbstractCellLocator.h:129: warning:
`virtual int vtkAbstractCellLocator::IntersectWithLine(const doubl
e*, const double*, vtkPoints*, vtkIdList*)' was hidden
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.h:71: warning:   by
`virtual int vtkCellTreeLocator::IntersectWithLine(double*, double
*, double, double&, double*, double*, int&, vtkIdType&, vtkGenericCell*)'
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkAbstractCellLocator.h:226: warning:
`virtual vtkIdType vtkAbstractCellLocator::FindCell(double*)' was
hidden
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.h:61: warning:   by
`virtual vtkIdType vtkCellTreeLocator::FindCell(double*, double, v
tkGenericCell*, double*, double*)'
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx: In member
function `void CellTreeBuilder::Split(unsigned int, float*, float*)':
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx:355: warning:
comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx: In member
function `virtual vtkIdType vtkCellTreeLocator::FindCell(double*, doubl
e, vtkGenericCell*, double*, double*)':
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx:620: warning:
unused variable `found'
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx: At global
scope:
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx:606: warning:
unused parameter `vtkNotUsed'
/home/acbauer/CODE/VTK/VTK/Filtering/vtkCellTreeLocator.cxx:669: warning:
unused parameter `cell'