[vtk-developers] VTK review - gerrit hooks (was Re: Auto install git hooks)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jul 28 08:52:49 EDT 2011

On 07/27/2011 06:33 PM, Nicole Aucoin wrote:
> Please initialize your local Git hooks.
> Paste the following commands into a shell:
>
>   cd "/projects/birn/nicole/VTK/VTKgerrit/.git/hooks"
>   git init
>   git pull .. remotes/origin/hooks
>   cd ../..
>
> When I tried to do the git pull, it returns an error:
[snip]
> git remote returns:
> gerrit

It looks like you created your own repo from scratch and then fetched
from Gerrit.  Did you follow all the instructions above the page you
linked, starting at the top?

  http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git

The error message you get indicates that you did not clone from the
main vtk.org repo which provides the hooks branch.

-Brad