[vtk-developers] [VTK 0012385]: Please don't exclude Intel GPU's from VolumeRendering/vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx

David Partyka david.partyka at kitware.com
Wed Jul 27 11:29:10 EDT 2011

Hi Dominique,

After some internal discussion we have decided to revert this change. The
reason that check was implemented was because often older versions of Mesa
report that they support various OpenGL extensions falsely which then result
in crashes. If further refinement of this check can be developed that would
be preferred. Specifically if we can pinpoint a minimum version of Mesa
that vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper for sure works with. Until then, in our
effort to minimize crashes the check will have to remain in place.