[vtk-developers] Cell Tree Implementation

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jul 26 02:53:17 EDT 2011

Tharindu,

I checked out the code and managed to compile it, but there were a few issues. You included some vtkAxis stuff in the same Gerrit patch which caused build errors too - so I think a branch with 'just' the cell tree stuff on would be cleaner.

Since you've used the BSP tree code as a base point, I thought I'd try out some of my own experiments using the CellTreeLocator - I have subclasses of the ModifiedBSPTree which I have now made subclasses of the CellTreeLocator for tests. Unfortunately, the internal node classes are not visible to subclasses, so I've made some significant changes to the interface to expose the CellNode and CellTree internals.

I suspect you're also making changes, so I had better swap patches with you to see if we can clean up the interface/style etc and test thoroughly.

I have no idea how to use Gerrit yet, (and most of today I'm otherwise engaged), so I'll put together a patch/branch to send to you later this afternoon.

JB