[vtk-developers] vtkVector class -- proposed rewrite

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:39:54 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 6:13 PM, David Lonie <loniedavid at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to ask for opinions on the following patch:
>
> http://github.com/dlonie/VTK/commit/6fd3b1c50244174d2ecb2e8bf4ae40996b0f61d6

A couple quick notes re: wrapping.  The current wrappers will not be
able to wrap this class because
1) the wrappers do not perform macro expansion (except in ifdefs)
2) the wrappers do not wrap classes in #included files
3) the "+" and "-" operators are not wrapped

None of these issues are insurmountable, I know how to fix them but do
not know when I might have time.  So I'd just like to warn you that,
for now, the wrappers will not allow you to use a macro for a class
name.

 - David