[vtk-developers] Cell Tree Implementation

Tharindu De Silva tsameera1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:34:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

     I implemented a class named CellTreeLocator with the algorithm given in
paper www.idav.ucdavis.edu/~garth/pdfs/vis10a.pdf .  My implementation can
be viewed at gerrit http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2127

      I used the Visit implementation of the algorithm for the data
structures and followed vtkModifiedBSPTree class to write a method to get
the intersection with a line.  CellLocator2.cxx is used to test it and it
passed the initial test,  it is with the name CellLocator2.cxx under the
Filtering/Testing/Cxx folder.

  Some work still needs to be done to bring this implementation to the vtk
standards. So I highly appreciate any feedback from you.

   Please let me know, if there is anything unclear about the code or the
algorithm.

Thank you,

Regards,

Tharindu De Silva